View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 05:49 AM   #172
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Whose on First?

I would like to know what the Bible says. I understand the word "church" is actually the word "gathering of the called out ones". So now you agree that 2 or 3 can qualify as a "gathering of the called out ones" but you and Witness Lee teach something that the NT doesn't teach and worse than that, you tell others that this is what God teaches when in fact He hasn't.

Ezekiel 22:28 And her prophets have daubed for them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah, when Jehovah hath not spoken.

This isn't trivial. This is the basis for condemning all other Christians and creating the "Lord's Recovery Sect" (LRS). Yet when it is examined there is no scriptural basis at all.

According to you the minimum number for a "church" is 12. Why? Because there were 12 apostles. You reject 2 or 3 because you claim we are using this verse in Matt 18 "out of context" even though the context of Matt 16-18 is the Lord's first mention of church. Yet you pull this 12 out of your hat completely and totally out of any context to the church.

You also reject the 2 or 3 as a minimum possible number for the church because there is a meeting in Acts 15 that has more than this! This is the most absurd logic. It is like trying to say that a 65 is not the minimum passing grade because we have this other student over here who got a 90 and he passed.

I really hope those who are still being held hostage by this teaching read this thread and realize how absurd this teaching is.

If the NJ is the fully matured version of the "gathering of the called out ones" like a majestic oak tree, then the two or three are like the acorn.