View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #143
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Who is the greatest in the Kingdom?

So then this brings us back to the initial question in Matthew 18

18:1 In that hour came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

This chapter ends with a very big emphasis on Mercy which points us back to Joseph in Genesis. Joseph had dreams, but that is not what made him great. He endured being sold by his brothers, being a slave, being a prisoner, but that is not what made him great. He was a man of faith that saved many people alive. He could have condemned his brothers, "emerged victorious, vindicated" but had he done that instead of losing one son his father would have lost 10. What made Joseph great was his mercy. His ability to prove that his brothers were truly repentant and then forgiving them.

But Jesus responds first with the warning

10 See that ye despise not one of these little ones:

Recently we saw a trial of a doctor that treated gymnasts. He was guilty of sexually abusing over 100 girls. Yet 14 years earlier a 17 year old girl came forward and accused him of this. Those listening were swayed by the doctor's mumbo jumbo, and despised this girl. Today, all those girls who were abused in the last 14 years, that is on those who despised her. Many people who thought they were important, someone significant, are now forced to resign in disgrace as being a complete shame. That of course is a warning to all who would follow the lord.

But there is another man, he was a producer for 60 minutes. He had a very sensitive ear to pick up the cries of help from these "little ones". He is the one who accidentally talked to Jeffrey Wigand, realized he had something to say, gained his trust, heard his story and helped him in many ways to tell his story. He was forced to quit his job at CBS and was threatened by the lawyers, but in the end he was instrumental in the tobacco company settlement. He is an example of someone who didn't despise one of these little ones and as a result he slew a very big and nasty giant.

We can learn from this, if you want to be "great in the kingdom" you need to realize that every single member is significant, every one plays a role. The wolves in sheep's clothing will be trying to pick off the "little ones" so they are the first indication that there is a wolf in sheep's clothing among you. If you want to be "great in the kingdom" you will be extremely attentive to these little ones, just as that man at CBS was.

This is not what I witnessed in the LRC. I believe the Sister's rebellion is a shameful event for all those who were involved in accusing those sisters. I also feel that anywhere you have a false prophet like Balaam, you will have a lot of damaged brothers and sister's in his wake. I also believe that it is the fact that those who should be shepherding the sheep actually despise these little ones that allow Balaam to operate. It is this attitude which is the foundation for those who "tolerate Jezebel". You cannot tolerate Jezebel's lies and abuse without despising those she has defrauded. I also believe that despising these little ones leaves a very nasty stain on your "garments" that is difficult to remove.

So if the "boundary of the church" are these "great ones in the kingdom" we need to realize they could do nothing without hearing the "little ones" and "not despising them".