View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
Trapped

Default God doesn't care for right and wrong, only life

Having seen the title of this post repeated in some of the LCer responses to Jo Casteel's letter, as well as having heard it my whole life, as well as personally experiencing in the church the LC culture that truly DOESN'T care about right or wrong, good or evil, actual justice or righteousness, making things right, standing up for those who are being abused, calling out what is blatantly wrong, correcting the leadership's sinful and hurtful actions, but only cares for "life" (which I have come to conclude is actually a synonym for "image" or "appearance" and is simply a false sense that there are no problems because the LC refuses to acknowledge them), I am getting more and more angry about this false teaching. Obviously God cares about right and wrong. God IS good. Don't tell me he doesn't care about good and evil, right and wrong. DON'T TELL ME GOOD AND EVIL ARE "FROM THE SAME TREE".

1. What is the judgment seat if not caring about right and wrong?
2. WHAT IS GOD SENDING HIS SON JESUS TO DIE FOR US IF RIGHT AND WRONG DIDN'T MATTER TO HIM? WHY DIDN'T GOD JUST "CARE FOR LIFE" AND "COVER" US?
3. What then are the 600+ commandments in the OT?
4. What then are the 10 commandments? The two greatest commandments?
5. What was Jesus releasing the oppressed and the captives and the sick if not caring about right and wrong?

What I'm looking for are specific Bible stories or verses to refute this twisted claim that God doesn't care for right and wrong. I feel myself getting Hulk-furious about this (as the all-caps may indicate....sorry) and I need some input from others to help eviscerate this thought in me once and for all.

Thanks for any help.

Trapped
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote