View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #196
awareness

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
I agree with treating people with dignity and respect, but I don't see who did not do that.

Quite honestly, I don't think LCMers not remaining here has much to do with their not being treated with dignity and respect. I think the problem is they can't handle the truth. They have their version of "truth." When it is challenged they don't defend it with integrity, they run away claiming the challengers are toxic boogy men. We've seen it time and time again.

And so while I think people in general "deserve" respect, LCMers certainly don't work at earning it.
It's nice when members like donnali drop in. It provides a peek into the window of their minds, revealing how they see things about the LC, and the 'facts' they think are true. And sis donnali represented that very well.

And Nell is right that it would be nice to treat them in such a way to keep them around and engaged. But I doubt it would be respectful if we just agree with them all the time. I don't think it's even possible, especially when we know their 'facts' aren't true at all ... like her views on Ingalls, et al.

Can we ignore that she's wrong just to keep her around? Is that what being respectful means? Do we even want them around if we have to pretend?

The thing is, donnali is obviously beginning to question the local church or she wouldn't be on the forum. I think she's at a very early stage of coming out.

So how can we help her with that? We're far far past that early stage of coming out. It's not easy figuring out what's the best approach to help her come out.

But chasing them off the forum is obviously not the right approach. What a dilemma it puts us in.