View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #30
Dave

Default Re: Living with an LC spouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeGrace View Post
Here's an example: He wanted to have a bible study/home prayer meeting at our house and invite our neighbors. I was fine with that. It started out quite innocent. We got together, everyone bringing their bibles. We prayed, did some singing and then discussed what book of the bible would be interesting. We decided on John as we had some young adults that had never read a bible. The next meeting, out come the books the LC use for the high school kids and everyone got a Recovery NT. We didn't read much scripture, focusing mostly on the LC books and the footnotes in the Recovery. Some people did not come back. The next meeting, one of the FT couples from the area came and then it really got serious. Most people were like, what are they talking about and why aren't we reading the bible? We made it six weeks and it collapsed on itself. And that is generally how it starts in our private life as well, and seems to follow that same pattern. I have also been treated somewhat disdainfully because of perceived lack of understanding of the Life Studies, Recovery footnotes and HWMR. I wasn't quite called stupid, but it was intimated. (I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and not the dullest either!) I don't know if I am explaining this very well.

I really appreciate that this is a safe, respectful and compassionate place to hear other perspectives and be able to look at situations from different angles. That is a true blessing. And by doing so, you have shined light into some of my dark places!! I believe you have all given me some good advice and things to ponder and pray about. Thank you!!
It goes without saying that you and your husband on are not on the same page, at least, in this area of your lives. As active as he is this is a significant part of your lives. I am not sure you are looking for answers but more interested in talking to someone who can understand what you are going through. It would be nice if there was someone in your area who had our LC backgrounds who you could relate to and share your difficulties.

It sounds like you are doing the best you can considering the situation. People live with those who have different faiths all the time and for you it is like living with a Mormon. You have to settle on his Life Studies, his Recovery Bible, his friends, his LC lifestyle etc. When I was involved back in the day I was praying every morning and going to meetings almost every night and I don't know how much his active LC involvement impacts your life together but obviously you will have to focus on the time he is not involved to make your life enjoyable. Not sure if you would be able to attend another church without hearing about Babylon all the time or have church friends without the same result but hopefully you can develop friendships or have friends or family you can spend time with. BTW...you may have mentioned this but how has he impacted your family---children, brothers, sisters if at all? take care.