View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #77
OBW

Default Re: Quotes and Quips - Comments on Latest

Quote:
So the end of the matter is this: Live for God. Obey the Scriptures. Think of others before yourself. Be holy. Love Jesus. And as you do these things, do whatever else you like, with whomever you like, wherever you like, and you’ll be walking in the will of God.
I like this last one. I have followed Kevin DeYoung with mixed feelings for over 10 years. It started with reading one of his first books on the emerging church movement.

I say that my feelings are mixed because he is often too tied to the dogma of The Gospel Coalition, which is a somewhat strong reformed/Calvinist group. And that link is pretty strong since he is both a pastor and a professor at a significant seminary in the movement.

But I still at least glance at his blog to see if there is anything new because he is not just some half-baked, fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants numbskull.

And today's quote, while not referenced as being his or a quote of another, is among the reasons I keep reading him. If the latter part of the quote was all we had, there would be much to worry about. But given the constraints that "Live for God. Obey the Scriptures. Think of others before yourself. Be holy. Love Jesus" puts on us, then "do whatever else you like . . ." has nowhere evil or even questionable to go.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote