View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #23
zeek

Default Re: The Church with No Name?

bearbear

Quote:
So the LCs could be an example for how when you curse something, those curses may end up backfiring onto yourself in ways that are even more ridiculous.
Could be. Then again maybe not. How would you measure whether that is occurring? If you were able to show that LCs were having greater than a normal statistical distribution of misfortune, how would you go about ruling out other possible causes?

Quote:
Jesus told us to bless those who curse us. Should we then bless the LCs? After all, they are in the business of cursing former members. Maybe ex-LCers suffer because we are hung up on criticizing the LC system when God wants us to move on so we can heal. Maybe we're cursing ourselves by cursing the LCs as they cursed the RCC and everyone else. Perhaps the wake of destruction left by Witness Lee can be described as a huge cyclical curse-fest that can only be broken when the hurt people decide to finally break the cycle by blessing.
I think this supposition is seriously unfounded, bearbear. Who is cursing anyone here? I haven't seen it. Can you cite three examples? What do you mean by "hung up?" Some of us were in the Local Churches for a decade or more. Our experience there effected us socially, psychologically and spiritually. We may have perhaps already "moved on" without reflecting about the possible effects that the LC had on us. This is a place where we can talk about our experience with others who are interested because they too have "been through it.'

Discussing what we experienced with others may have a therapeutic effect. It may aid a person in re-evaluating their beliefs and values so that they can go on with their lives in a positive way. We may be in a position to offer mutual reciprocal support to each other. I can testify that I have witnessed that kind of healing and support going on between the members here including myself.

Quote:
If that's true, I'm sorry for all the fault finding of Witness Lee I've done in recent posts. What use is it to dwell on the glaring faults of a man who has long died? Perhaps God has much in store for us if we can move on.
What use? Witness lee's teachings and practices are still being followed religiously by thousands of people. If those teachings and practices are false or harmful and we do not address those problems who will?

Quote:
May God bless those in the LCs so that they can find the freedom promised in Christ.
Amen.

Quote:
1 Peter 3:9
Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.
Amen.

I don't think that this website was designed to be a place for insulting anyone. I try to avoid that. If you ever see me doing that, please let me know

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote