View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 06:55 AM   #163
OBW

Default Re: Quotes and Quips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
A lot of really interesting questions, but before engaging I’d ask you to pray. The question mark is an upside down serpent, and critical thoughts are darts from satan.
Dodging the question(s) are we? You realize that the standard method of study and teaching for a rabbi, including Jesus, was to ask questions of those who came with answers.

I make no pretense of being at the level of either a rabbi or Christian theologian, but if either wants to convince me, they need to answer some questions, not make bare statements like "Christianity is filled with the divisive differences" or "impossible for Christians outside the recovery."

And the first questions to come to mind are:
  1. What are the divisive differences?
  2. If differences must be qualified by the word "divisive," are there differences that would not be divisive?
  3. Are you sure they are divisive in the way you mean it?
  4. Are your differences any less divisive (or possibly even more so)?
  5. Are you sure that the declarations of your leadership, both past and present, is not fully divisive when they declare all of the rest of Christianity to be mooing cows and the harlot daughters of the Whore of Babylon?
  6. How do you define this "church life" that you declare no others can have?
  7. Are you sure that it is the goal of the life of a true church?
  8. If so, are you sure that no one else has it?

Maybe the real issue is that lack of critical thinking is the result of darts from Satan.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote