View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #22
byHismercy

Default Re: YouTube Texas Street Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Yes, it's heartbreaking. I had an "elder" tell me to my face while having fellowship over a meal that "we don't have friends in the church life." It was then I realized that there are only fellow followers of Lee in the LC, your devotion to the Lord Jesus means nothing to them if you stop following Lee.
Yes, HERn, it is heartbreaking. When I first heard the doctrine against having natural affection, or friendships, I dismissed it instantly as not being scriptural, at all. I never saw that in scripture. It NEVER dawned on me that I might be surrounded by people who took that teaching to heart, believed it, agreed with it, decided to adopt it as a truth. I was completely naive. It is my nature to be silent vs. bold, also, when questions arise. I guess I need to really train myself out of that kind of quiet acquiescence. Because now I see that remaining silent on it was taken as a going along with. Although even that behavior was suggested to me as appropriate, wasn't it. I mean, to dissent, that would be fleshly, rebellious.....
byHismercy is offline   Reply With Quote