View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
Ohio

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
What rules is fear. They say there's no hierarchy but some get to 'call out' others without reciprocity. And everyone knows it.
Here it is abundantly clear that the LC management style is not lifted from scripture but from the military and Chinese culture. There is a clearly defined "pecking order" which delineates the hierarchy. The higher-ups alone have the prerogative to "call out" or "dress down" those beneath them.

It wasn't just with LSM, the elders, or the brothers that this "pecking order" was apparent. About the time my wife and I were leaving the "program," another deacon and his wife suddenly visited us. They were both on the verge of tears, almost in a state of shock. They both had been selflessly serving our young people for years. They had just left a time of "fellowship" with an elder and his wife. The elder's wife had tirelessly castigated this deaconess in front of their husbands over basically nothing. It was not about anything she had done, but "it's all about who you are!" All we could do is comfort them and explain that it's just the way things are.