View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #38
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Nullification of the function of the body members

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Here is a testimony from someone who met with the LCs for quite a few years. You can see what happened when fervor turned to fear.

Anyone who knew the saints in the church in Berkeley during those days can testify we were crazy lovers of Christ and each other.Then,an unusual event happened a few years after we arrived.Bro.Lee had sent some "new elders"to the church in Berkeley without telling the original elders.

Psalm
11:2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Quote:
Latter I found out it was because "they"were more absolute for Bro.Lee's Ministry.Within 1 week of this situation ,there was a huge fallout.The original elders along with half the saints left the local church.
Psalm
12:1 Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
12:2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak...
12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Quote:
As a young believer, I was confused and devastated.Some of *the dear brothers and sisters I knew and loved were gone.
Psalm
14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

Quote:
On the Lord's meeting the remaining saints shouted ,"the Devil has been routed ,Jesus is Lord!"and,"We are for the LOrds'Recovery".I ,out of fear and my wife stayed in this situation, although I am ashamed that I ever participated in that meeting.
14:6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge.

Quote:
*By that time I was starting to surrender my spiritual understanding and my conscience to obey at all costs Bro.Lee and those who followed him.Being a young believer,I visited some of the saints who had left.They were very angry and bitter that they were treated in such a manner being young believers themselves.There was nothing a little brother like me could do.Who would listen to me anyway?After this horrific weekend,it wasn't about how you were with the Lord,but it was how are you with the "ministry of Witness Lee"
Psalm
15:1 LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
15:2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
15:3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

I would add to this testimony that God will not leave your soul in hell (Ps 16:10). These experiences try you as gold is tried in the furnace. If you are faithful to the Lord He will keep you

17:9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
17:10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
17:3 Thou hast proved mine heart;

Also, these experiences give us an opportunity for our faith to grow.

Psalm
18:29 For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
18:30 As for God, his way is perfect:

(Post Script: these quotes were mostly from Psalms that were sub standard by Witness Lee's opinion, all except Psalm 18. I wonder why.)
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote