Thread: A Word of Love
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #13
Ohio

Default Re: A Word of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
"Beginning in 1984 I called three urgent conferences of the co-workers and elders. In my opening word I pointed out that among us there is the tendency of division. By this I meant that quite a few capable co-workers in the Lord’s recovery liked to keep their district as their empire, and they liked to attract people to be their particular co-workers.
I now find these words despicable.

This was a "word of love?"

We now have the advantage of history to evaluate every so-called "division" in the LC. Each and every time there was a "division," a.k.a. a "storm," or a "rebellion," it was WL and his minions intimidating other leaders into submission. Either these leaders were simply acting as "whistle-blowers" to alert others of LSM unrighteousnesses or were acting as elder-shepherds caring for the flock of God and resisting LSM abuses and controls.

WL intimidation always leveraged a distorted form of oneness to garner maximum advantage. He demanded every liberty for himself, yet permitted none of it for others. He demanded utter consecration to himself and to his ministry, while robbing the Lord of His own rightful place in the body. WL would rebuke others for "being of Christ," while coercing them to "be of Lee." His own mandates robbed others of the right to follow the leading of the Spirit, thus bringing the church of God into bondage. WL made enemies of brothers because he could not work with anyone.

Then when the "storm" was over, WL would give a conference about the freedom we have in Christ to follow the leading of the Spirit.