View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #113
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Lee and the book of Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Okay, bro ZNP will like this one. In the 16th chapter of Lee's Life-Study of the book of Job, Lee brings in the Triune God and dispensing.

Lee just can't help his myopia of the Bible.

The problem is the book of Job speaks of "the sons of God." The trinity is the Father Son and Holy Spirit, so where does the sons of God fit into the trinity? Are the sons of God grouped into threes? If so, the Book of Job doesn't mention it.

But Lee still sees the dispensing of the triune God in the book of Job.

Basically, Lee sees things that aren't there in the book of Job in order to push is "God's Economy" theology. His Job reference, as shown at the beginning of this chapter is Job 10:13a : "Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak..." which is out in left field in his message.

I'll try to link the 16th chapter of the Life-Study of Job, but I've noticed that links on the online Life-Studies don't work well. So if the link doesn't work, find your way to the Life-Study of Job and go to the 16th chapter.

Click here -> http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.c...3%28%40K%27%0A
Yes, basically he starts this message saying I want to give a further word that has nothing to do with Job. Can you imagine that people actually tolerated this?

WL: "We have seen that the book of Job leaves us with a crucial twofold question concerning God's intention in His creation of man and in His dealing with His chosen people. In this message I would like to give a further word concerning the answer to this question, an answer which is found not in the Old Testament but only in the New Testament. This answer, given by God in His revelation, is altogether concerned with the Triune God Himself."

But if you want a real laugh, look at message 17:

"LIFE-STUDY OF JOB

MESSAGE SEVENTEEN

THE ALL-INCLUSIVE SPIRIT AS THE CONSUMMATION
OF THE PROCESSED AND CONSUMMATED TRIUNE GOD

Scripture Reading: Job 42:5; John 7:39; Rom. 8:2, 9, 11, 14; Gal. 3:14; 6:18; Eph. 1:13-14; Phil. 1:19; Gal. 5:25; Rom. 8:16, 4"

This message is based on Job 42:5 -- "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."

But for those of you who like canned messages, how about this favorite:

"LIFE-STUDY OF JOB

MESSAGE NINETEEN

OUR UNIQUE NEED—THE PROCESSED
AND CONSUMMATED TRIUNE GOD
AS THE ALL-INCLUSIVE, LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT

Scripture Reading: Gal. 2:20; 1 Cor. 15:10; Rev. 22:17

In this message I would like to give a further word concerning the processed and consummated Triune God as the all-inclusive, life-giving Spirit."

What I think is really special about this message is the honesty, it doesn't even pretend to have anything to do with Job.

Look at these other classics reheated specially for the Book of Job:

LIFE-STUDY OF JOB

MESSAGE THIRTY-SEVEN

TWO TREES, TWO SOURCES, TWO LINES,
TWO PRINCIPLES, AND TWO ENDS
IN THE DIVINE REVELATION
OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

and

LIFE-STUDY OF JOB

MESSAGE THIRTY-EIGHT
AN ADDITIONAL MESSAGE

THE DIVINE DISPENSING OF THE DIVINE ECONOMY