View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #83
Curious

Default Re: YouTube Channel Discusses the Local Church

Hello Cal,
I want to respond to your alternative proposition of the inner workings of the trinity. E35

I appreciate all the work and time you are putting into your youtube channel. What you have presented on the trinity certainly does address what lacks in WL’s assessment of who the trinity is. Weather true or not I don’t have enough insight to tell, but it seems far safer than The LC teaching on the trinity. I share your concerns about the damage it, along with much else that comes with the package of the LC, does to the people ensnared in it. I think it takes courage as well as work and time to deliver the messages on your channel.

I find Cal’s posts in themselves demonstrate what the local church lacks….rational, logical, sensible thought processing with a good dose of common sense. Its hard to argue against those and sound plausible, really.

We all rely on, and trust in, a legal system that bases its evaluations on the same principles. Where would our justice system be without them? And therefore our society? Stepping away from those principles is dangerous, in my view. It leads to superstition, and superstition is based in fear. It reverts to an uncivilised way of functioning, actually. A way that western civilisation broke out of as it developed the rule of law, human rights, scientific methodology, democracy etc. all these things are only possible with rational and logical thinking, something WL clearly had no appreciation or understanding of in its history or significance. He didn’t really understand the west, it’s clear. And he clashed against it when he turned against his American followers.

I hope I haven’t rambled.

Cal’s posts demonstrate good sound thinking as well as good conclusions. It’s clear he has given it all deep thought over a long period of time. It’s also noteworthy to me that he is not showing partiality. E28, ‘racism or sexism’ is one example amongst others, where he holds back and is not interested in blanket accusations beyond what he is certain of from his experience. (Those who have such experience can voice those grievances on this forum, and elsewhere, without clashing with him). This is what integrity does. An important detail to be respectful of too.

I hope he keeps going for as long as he feels lead to. I’ll be following them!
Curious is offline   Reply With Quote