Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #13
Elden1971

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
Freedom, I am about 10 years older than you, but have a very similar experience. I am still in the LC despite having some strong reservations about the supposed ground on which we stand.

If you decide to leave, make sure that your experience with the rest of Christianity isn't clouded by what you're used to. Things will seem strange, uncomfortable even. That isn't because they are wrong or have less light/vision or whatever, it's because you're used to a certain procedure. Don't worry, the more time you spend with other Christians you'll realize that they love the Lord and are seeking Him as much if not more, occasionally less than the brothers and sisters in the LC.

When I first started talking to Christians outside the LC this was the hardest part--getting over my up to then unrealized feeling of uniqueness or superiory because I belonged to the LC and not because I necessarily had done any serious study or seeking on my own. Superior by association..

Read the Word of God. And read it without footnotes. Get another translation. I've been using the New Living Translation. The Word comes alive when it speaks for itself and you've not been told how to understand it. It's a lot of work, but it's well worth it.

__________________________________________________ _

Elden1971,
Do you have some context for this quote? Are the magazines available online?
local Church (Witness Lee)- When we were in the denominations, we were blind. I do not believe that any dear Christians who have really received sight from the Lord could still remain in the denominations. Everyone who sees must leave the fold and enter the pasture, under the sunshine, in the fresh air, in liberty. Where are you now? Are you in the fold, or are you now in the pasture? Allow me to say this:_ if anyone is still in the fold _, he is blind. Of course, a blind person requires the fold to keep him. But when he receives his sight, he will swiftly leave the fold for the pasture, for the sunshine, for the fresh air.” (Witness Lee, Christ Versus Religion LSM, 1971 p.109-110) The only way to follow the Lord absolutely is to go the way of the local church. (Witness Lee, The Practical Expression...p.94)
If you leave the church (the Local Church), you miss the mark of the Lord's testimony. You must be in the testimony of Jesus. Only the golden lampstands, the local churches, are the testimony of Jesus....if you are not in the local churches you are not the testimony of Jesus.”( Witness Lee, The Stream magazine Nov. 1976, p.7)
There are hundreds of such self righteous statements made by Lee