View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #18
Evangelical

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
You know what's great about this response? The ones who take the lead to bash " fallen Christianity" at every turn will, when you point out their fraudulence, do the equivalent of an indifferent shrug - "So what? Everyone does it".
Your point is moot because I don't recall anyone "bashing" fallen Christianity for their on-campus ministry efforts.

Maybe you forget that:
a) all the college groups do similar, from Catholic to evangelical to parachurch organizations. I can easily prove this, I personally know paid missionaries/volunteers of other college groups in their 30's/40's and leaders who are in their 70's. Guess who is calling the big shots in these groups? The students? Of course not. And guess which churches they send new converts into - only specific churches which fit their denominational criteria. I am sure they "bend the rules" at times to fit within the secular college rules.

b) Witness Lee was probably inspired by the practices of the college groups and churches already operating on the colleges, and adopted similar methods.

It was in fact Bill Bright and others who started this idea of converting impressionable young minds far away from home at college:

http://campusministry.org/article/co...-on-the-planet

Each country sends their best and brightest to the university for education and training.

Focusing our evangelistic and multiplication efforts on this one percent is a very strategic way to expand the Kingdom of God and fulfill the Great Commission.

“If we can win the university today, we will win the world tomorrow.” ~ Bill Bright

Almost one fourth of the world’s college students reside in North America and they represent the most reachable, recruitable, trainable, and sendable category of persons on the planet

It's okay when Americans do it in other country's colleges, but not okay when Chinese people do it in American colleges:

Never before has God opened the doors and hearts of so many students world-wide to allow English speaking Christians from North America to have impact.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote