View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #11
TLFisher

Default Re: I was in the church for ten years.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
It tells me that the blending brothers' opinions are just opinions, rather than some oracle of God, and I find it disturbing that so many saints blindly follow it without thinking for themselves just because they feel they should be one with the ministry.

Wow, that's shocking! How dare they? I guess with the inconsistency here its just another sign that the saints are just a bunch of people, just like anyone else. Not 'one'.
From what I've noticed opinions of blended brothers/coworkers/elders seem to carry more weight among brothers and sisters than Scripture. Because of their opinions to refusing fellowship to certain ones, there's more credibility to a types of Diotrephes.

In regard to inconsistency, this is where the brothers are consistent. Being favorable to spouses who are more aligned with the ministry. They might even use the clause "unequally yoked" to justify divorce.