Thread: Outer Darkness?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #136
aron

Default Re: Outer Darkness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Nnnnnn... no.

By make it, I assume you mean as an overcomer....

Yet, he did not teach that ONLY by rapture or martyrdom does one become an overcomer. First, all christians will be raptured to face the BEMA.. only then is their worthiness to participate as co-ruler with Christ decided.

He did say that if you were a Firstfruit then you were an overcomer.. a clear reference to the reward of the overcomers in Revelation 3:10.

Second, he said on more than one occasion that martyrdom was a sure thing because that one "loved not their life unto death" a clear reference to the spiritual battle waged in Revelation 12:11 and those that overcame the devil and his assaults.

But I agree that he never discussed himself as an overcomer.... that is the Lord's decision.. not yours and not mine.

Drake
He taught that only by rapture or martyrdom could one participate in the Millennial Kingdom. The rest had to wait 1000 years, per Revelation 20:5. Like Darby before him, he thought he'd get raptured.