View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #67
Cal

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I think the better way is to to expose, in the light of scriptures, those areas in the LC which imprison them holding them in fear. This is how I was delivered. Through careful examination, with healthy feedback from other posters, errant teachings can be exposed one by one. It's a slower process, but I think a safer one. That's how we learn, we unlearn, and we relearn in every area of our life.
I'm not for simply throwing stuff out and starting over. I'm not for a scorched earth policy. That's fanatical. What I am for is being willing to put everything on the table.

So I think the question "how much to throw out" is the wrong one. I think the question is "what should be our general approach to what we think we know." And I think the answer is we should be willing to re-examine everything. Now obviously we must respect the faith, Christ's person and work. But I would include our understanding of what we think that faith means in what's on the table.

For me, once I realized the Christian life is about a relationship with a Person, who is God, Lord and Savior, things came into focus. A lot of stuff became superfluous bling--like divine dispensing, mingling, law of life, etc. I just don't even think about them anymore, and my experience keeps getting better. So much of our view of what's important depends on our focus, and when that changes everything changes.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote