View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Redman

Default Re: Spouses in the local church

This is the first time I have done anything like this and I'm amazed...in a good way. To update, I did visit with a local minister over the weekend and attended his evangelical service Sun. morning; I must admit it was a lot to digest as a rookie. I did purchase a NIV Bible to start to read the Gospels as suggested by UntoHim. I'd already concluded that being a better husband would be a requirement if I had any chance for success. Regardless, I believe my wife is now so confident that her "100% her way" stand is correct and with the Lord that she would accept my giving up and disolving the marriage; she knows her LC "family" is rooting her on and will support her if I just blow up. It's a very sad day to think that this group could actually consider themselves Christians.

By the way, she is a wonderful wife in many, many ways and is now actually trying harder to please me when she's not with her brothers and sisters. It actually seems she's taken on the "job" of pleasing me in return for her freedom. This may seem like a good thing until you realize I must knowingly agree to relinquish my authority in our household to the LC "family" to make it work. This gives me sleepless nights.

I'm not prepared to give up so I'll continue to search for answers/help.
Redman is offline   Reply With Quote