View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #82
kumbaya

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
There is no denomination or group to be associated with. You seem to struggle with simple concepts. Probably your brain would explode if you lived during the time of Paul. You might demand Paul reveal his true denominational affiliation before he talks to students!
Woah! Calm down. You're entitled to your opinion and you're obviously standing your ground but I assure you that I don't struggle with simple concepts! My point is valid because there IS a group to be associated with CoC due to the fact that ONLY full-timers and local church members run CoC.

If there were Christians from denominations or other Christians groups involved with CoC- then calling themselves CoC would make sense! Then, your argument that there is no specific group or denomination associated with them would apply! Please don't attack my logic or reasoning skills when you're (respectfully) coming to conclusions that don't add up based on what the situation is with CoC.

CoC is run by full-timers, who are adults...with college age kids in the local church assisting them. There are NO other groups who are included in heading up CoC and I seriously doubt they would welcome them or welcome any other material, other than the Bible, in CoC meetings besides LSM material. They are clearly using exclusive LSM material only, and only run by members in the local church. So, respectfully, you're incorrect to say that there is no distinct group CoC is associated with.

Also, I'm agreeing to disagree that they should be called CoC (as it's a common cult recruiting tactic to have recruiting groups with a different name than the group) and believe they should be called "the local church in <said locality> on campus" (or some equivalent that includes the local church name) because although the "work" is different- the people running it are one and the same.

Also, you think my head would explode if I lived in the age of Paul? Wow, well I'll have to agree to disagree again! By the grace of God, Paul saw religion for what it was.

What is the goal of CoC? I feel I have a pretty good idea but I think we should all think about that one....
kumbaya is offline   Reply With Quote