View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #8
NeedofHelp

Default Re: In a local church only a few months... and now leaving.

I am a Christian, and I have prayed a lot about this, and I know the Lord is working in her - I see it in the struggle she has. But if she left the church it would be leaving her friends and family. Although I have told her repeatedly my family is her family, and we have lots of other friends outside the church, she has been guilted into the church by her family. We just recently overcame a spell where she wouldn't talk to me - her mother forbade her too. Her mother frequently wanted me to come to the church gatherings (but I was unaware of this, my friend just recently told me) and my friend just would make up excuses to get me out of it, because she knew I would not like it. I have never personally been to a LC meeting, but I have done a lot, and I mean a lot of research. Her feeling like she doesn't belong isn't something to be ignored, but anytime I speak of her church she says I talk like I know everything and that I don't know what I'm talking about, so the conversation is usually avoided. But I feel that I am the one who will help her out of this situation. I think I may also be able to use one of her friends in the church. She only has one good friend, and I think her friend is unaware of how bad this church is. Her friend just came in looking for a christian group on campus, so she doesn't really know what she's gotten herself into. I feel that if maybe I can get her friend out, then I could get her out too. I really hate to see her sucked into this. I've talked with God about it a lot, and I have a strong feeling that is what is to happen. He lead me to this forum, and he's lead me to many other sites. I just pray I can help her before it's too late.