View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
A little brother

Default Re: Introduction from "A little brother"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
However, when I began to join more meetings and got to interact with more saints in other bigger events and other areas, I had little hope. The pride and exclusiveness drove me crazy. Many times I wanted to just stand up and leave.
Same for me. I don't recall exactly when but I think I did actually walked out from a meeting once. So another LC survival rule for myself is to avoid going to those meetings in the first place.

Quote:
And I too, stayed because partly I always carried the thought of "okay I can be like a bridge...sharing what I learned from LC to non-LC saints while showing LC saints that non-LC Christians are just as wonderful". I know it sounds naive but it really was one of my biggest motivations.
Thanks. This is the encouragement I need - I am not alone and there are other brothers and sisters trying to make a difference.

Quote:
I support the saints who remain in LC because they believe they can bring change if they feel it's the Lord's calling. Draw from His strength! However, if you feel led to leave, don't be scared.
I do have a certain level of faith that I'll be ready to leave without fear when the time comes though I don't have the slightest idea where to go next. You know what? I actually got Brother Lee's approval (not that I really need it) for leaving. In Ch.38, "Life-Study of 1, 2, 3 John, Jude",

"If someone does not want to go along with the church, it is better for that one not to be involved with the church."
(We know that when he says "the church", it is nothing else but LC.)

Quote:
If you always have the mind of "but I AM something"! Or "I do have something more special to offer", you may end up craving for people's approval or a special status (this I believe is one major blind-spot for LC and it sometimes leads to bitterness) and it will be a hard transition for you if you carry this thought.
Great reminder! Pride is probably the single most difficult barrier that every Christian faces. The risk of falling into the trap becomes even higher as one grows spiritually and receives more light from God. I am thankful that God put a perfect (perfectly bad) example in front of me as a warning (what else but the LC). I have to constantly go back to Andrew Murray's prayer of humility (and also keep reminding myself don't be proud of "being" humble):

"I pray that of Your great goodness, You would make known to me, and take from my heart, every kind and form and degree of pride, whether it be from evil spirits, or my own corrupt nature; and that You would awaken in me the deepest depth and truth of the humility that can make me capable of Your light and Holy Spirit."

Interestingly, since you raised this topic, in this spring's training for elders and responsible ones, there are messages like:

"According to the New Testament, anyone who seeks glory of men is a follower of Satan. The seeking of glory is a trap spread by Satan to snare Christian workers. Therefore, it is very important that all Christian workers learn to avoid the snare of glory-seeking. However, not many have escaped this trap. How much we shall be used by the Lord and how long our usefulness will last depend on whether we seek glory of men. If we seek glory, our usefulness in the hand of the Lord is finished. The seeking of glory for the self always kills oneís usefulness. Therefore, may we all, especially the young, be warned never to seek glory in the Lordís work."

So there is truth in the words, only that we need to consider who speaks. Jesus nailed it in Mat 23:3.

"Therefore all that they tell you, do and keep; but do not do according to their works, for they say things and do not do them."

(Well, may be except the word "all". The teachers of the law and the Pharisees actually did better than what we have here today.)

Last but not least, let me share one more LC survival rule - Amidst the pain that we need to endure from time to time, don't stop ourselves from having some fun.

Let me share a true story.

Two of the blending brothers were visiting a city. During a meal, a sister there asked the brothers what was their most important testimony after all these years in the Lord's Recovery. Those two BBs seemed not to have listened. They just bent down their heads eating and gave no response. So after a moment of embarrassing silence, the sister pressed on and asked the question again. One BB then replied, "Sister, what you asked is a very personal question! I will not tell you, blah blah blah...". Soon the other BB joined in, "Each of us should have a very intimate and private relationship with God. You know, it is very private, like between husband and wife. Not something to go testify and promote publicly everywhere, blah blah blah..."

May be there were some spiritual depths in the blah blah blahs, but I couldn't help laughing from my heart seeing these words on privacy from people who promote the enjoyment of Christ in the corporate body.

And I had a second good LOL just yesterday go through old posts in this forum and discovered that exactly one of the BB was mentioned as in "Have you seen somebody so spiritually constipated in your entire life?".