View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #6
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Christ or faith the Savior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
While most of Christianity is preoccupied with faith and works, i.e. whether they have enough faith, whether their faith is in the right thing, whether their faith is genuine or not, whether their faith can be affected by sin and "lose their salvation", or whether they have done enough works, it seems that only the recovery and the local churches have a real interest in gaining Christ and being found in Him.
Evan, you wouldn't know what "most of Christianity is preoccupied with" anymore than the man on the moon. You are in the Local Church of Witness Lee, which is one of the most insular and isolated Christian sects around. Witness Lee was decidedly ignorant regarding what God was doing in Christianity in general, but he was especially clueless when it came to what great and marvelous things were happening among evangelical Christians, especially an entire generation of seeking young Americans. What's most ironic is the fact that all this was happening right there in Southern California, where Witness Lee set up camp in Los Angeles, and later in Anaheim. Now if the Blended Brothers are any indication, nothing has changed in the Local Church since Lee's death over 20 years ago. The group is just as insular and isolated as ever.

You can set aside anything that I've posted above (and you probably will) but the real reason I'm taking a few minutes to reply to one of your posts is this little ditty here:
Quote:
it seems that only the recovery and the local churches have a real interest in gaining Christ and being found in Him
There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin. Should I list the problems in numerical or alphabetical order?

Gaining Christ? I'm afraid you're going to have to decode this terminology for us Mr E. I mean, I know what it meant to the apostle Paul. He was willing to suffer evil, beatings, hunger and nakedness to show others what it really is to gain Christ. Christian martyrs throughout the ages have given their blood, sweat and tears to give us the Scriptures in our native languages, thus allowing us to gain the Christ that is found in those hallowed pages.

It seems that Witness Lee has come along with another definition, another understanding of what it is to gain Christ. Oh, don't bother telling me about how wonderful and glorious it is to gain Christ by calling on the Lord, pray-reading and eating Jesus. Been there - Done that. What I want to hear from you, my friend, is just exactly how has all the calling, pray-reading, eating, pumping fists in the air and shouting slogans enabled you to gain Christ? Even more importantly, how have all these things helped you to help others to gain Christ?

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote