View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #113
SavedbyGrace

Default Re: can we just call them a franchise? or am i "misunderstanding" something

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayliotta View Post
It's not about being "bad". It's about a network of hundreds of churches -- or is it thousands? -- around the world, each with its own tidy bookroom devoted entirely to the publications of one particular publishing company. Exclusive of any other publishing companies.

And, the publishing company runs a school, which uses exclusively its own publications for all courses. And actively seeks to establish new training centers around the world, to use solely their own materials.

I would like to know of any other Christian publishing company that is supported by an exclusive network of franchise churches. Seriously, can someone tell us of even one other?

There is one that comes to mind, the initials of the group are JW. And I'm pretty sure they ain't a member of the "Evangelical Christian Publishers Association"...
The Gospel Book Room was started by Br. Nee, though I understand it published books by various authors. But, the Gospel Book Room extablished by Br. Nee was supposed to be in sync with the local churches.
Anyways, the content is what should matter.
SavedbyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote