View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #62
New Beginnings

Default Re: In need of advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
In retrospect, this wasn't very helpful (though I think it's true). You need practical advice. How to break the spell?

My advice: Google "schizophrenia" and "double bind" and you will see the solution. The LC mindset is much like schizophrenia, where the subject accepts contradictory statements as true. They cannot see a way out of both the gospel of Jesus Christ and the LC dogma, which to them are synonymous. So you create a "double bind" and the inherent tension of that will allow them to break free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bind
Thank you, thank you Aron,

This is extremely helpful! I am still trying to wrap my brain around some of this but I am beginning to understand the big picture more clearly.

I needed to see the big picture. This summer I spent some time reading some classic literature. I homeschool my children and decided in order to give them the education they deserve, I'd better continue my own education. The very last book I read was one of the more famous negative utopias. As I was reading this, I was looking at it purely in political context. Frankly, it was a terribly depressing book. However, it laid a wonderful foundation in my mind to understanding the big picture.

I hope you can understand my motivation in this process. I am not attempting to argue or debate with my husband. I am not doing this to be "right" and him "wrong." I am not just a sad suffering sister trying to run away from my circumstances. My motivation is pure love for my husband and my children. I want to save them, I want the Lord to save them through me.
New Beginnings is offline   Reply With Quote