View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #46
aron

Default Re: In need of advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Perhaps others on the forum have a more gracious word for you.
I'll try. The mind control program in the LC can be very oppressive. But let's switch gears, here, and not focus on the problem but the solution.

At first glance, a sheep has no business being alive. To a wolf or a bear or a lion, a sheep is just a peice of tasty meat with a little white wool around it. An inviting snack. The sheep has no nasty sharp claws or teeth, can't run 60 mph like a gazelle; is just sitting there ready to eat.

But the sheep has a defense system: first off it has the flock. Everyone gather around, horns out. Weak ones inside. That is the church. LC wants to isolate you from the flock. No - you are connected. God will provide. Others on this forum have offered details.

Second, there is the word. The Shepherd Himself is the living word in our hearts, guiding us. "My sheep hear My voice." Let Jesus talk to you through His Word. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly... let Christ make His home in your hearts... etc". It is real. Through the word you have access to the Shepherd, and you will exclaim, "Thy rod and Thy staff, they do indeed comfort me!" The wolf and the bear cannot get at you.

Third you have the Spirit. See #2 above. Nearly synonymous, or even so. But still worth mentioning. "The Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him". Look it up: it is real.

Lastly, and very very important, the sheep can climb the high rocks, and live with the doves. Sunshine and grass abound. The wolf and the bear can't climb like you can. This is the "secret chamber" that you and the Father know about. Jesus will lead you there. No one can touch you.

-------------------------

Now, for the other side of the thing, the LC program has a very good defensive system: "Don't be negative." Doesn't matter if they are negative against "poor Christianity" or even their own members. Don't question the program. Always be positive.

So my solution is this. Present them with unyielding positivity on your part. God is good. God is wise. God is kind. God loves us. They won't deny any of this.

Then you can (carefully, of course) bring them the "big Bible" of Jesus. Not the small LC Bible. For instance, have you ever noticed that Paul and the rest of the church was eager to remember the poor? (Gal 2:10) Not just the "good building material" on the nearby college campus?

Or, that Jesus "went around doing good", according to Peter? (Acts 10:38). The LC despise good works; only "building the Body" is acceptable to them, which means recruiting the aforementioned "good building material" from the college campus. But they can't deny that Jesus went around doing good.

These words will save you, and those who hear. Don't be afraid to share what you enjoy. God will protect you. Peace & God bless.