View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 05:13 AM   #62
OBW

Default Re: My Testimony: expressing God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olvin View Post
You need to go back and carefully read our exchange I am through quibbling with you OBM
I've read everything. You have been busy repeating the substitutions that you learned from Lee. All the way back where you declared "ministering Christ" to be the equivalent of loving your neighbor. That sounds spiritual, but it is a far cry from being a singular substitute. The only way it could be is if it is understood to include things like treating the people you come in contact with respect, even if you have no opportunity to say a word about Christ. Include caring for the widow and orphan — their physical needs, not just their spiritual ones. Include being righteous with the sinners that you have to work with and share the road with. And on and on. Many actions that do not "minister Christ" — unless you redefine that phrase to mean live your entire life in a righteous manner with respect to God and every man.

And you need to recall that carefully reading some of your earlier posts was more than a difficult thing to do. Quotes from others intertwined with your own without break or identifier.

But what I see in your responses on virtually every topic is a position that repeats the things that Lee has said but does not have any idea how to show them as actually coming from the scripture. That means you are not speaking from knowledge of any kind, but are simply repeating what you have been taught. And what you have been taught is not really found in the scripture. Lee convinced us that it was, but upon closer inspection, there is too often nothing there that looks anything like what he said. And so, as is too often the case, you refuse to actually take a closer look at the "riches" that you think you are bringing from Lee's teaching.

In an earlier post your said
Quote:
Man has a hard time admitting he is wrong, most cannot even concede to making a mistake. It is pride that goes before the fall.
Be certain that almost everyone here went through this. I spent years thinking that there was some chasm between the reasons that we left the LRC and the teachings that I still thought were so much higher than what I was hearing out in Christianity. But one day I realized that one of the big teachings was simply not what we had been told. And with that discovery, I became skeptical concerning the others and began to look more closely. I found that too many of the peculiar teachings of Lee were not really found in the Bible.

I discovered that being in the LRC was a mistake. A really big one. I cannot even convince myself that the "better" early days were really any better. Just not as aware of the nonsense that I was being fed. I have admitted that I was wrong. And most who you are pointing your "Man has a hard time admitting he is wrong" at have.

Have you?
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote