View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #34
Ohio

Default Re: How has the LRC affected your view of "Babylon?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeking1 View Post
It’s interesting that you brought this point out Ohio, because I was just discussing this exact same thing with my wife the other day. I was telling my wife about my experience having coffee with the pastor of the church we’ve recently been attending. During the conversation w/ the pastor I told him of my experiences with the Lord recently and about some of my doctrinal views. To my surprise he didn’t express the slightest bit of suspicion; none, no wrinkling of the forehead, no raised eyebrow, no grimace, nothing. He was completely positive and receptive and I gotta say it was nice for a change.

I think of the locality that I used to attend and how suspicious they were of everyone and everything. That’s why there is no increase there. Thirty years, THIR-TY! And no increase, because they ran off the increase, they ran off all the help, all those who were sent to her, gone. How sad. I imagine it was the same kind of environment among the Brethren. May the Lord have mercy on us all and may we not fall victim to suspicious pride.
The Recovery folks have been programmed over the years to somehow believe that they were the Lord's unique testimony on earth. Coupled with that is the ingrained belief that the Lord is actively managing the direction of the Recovery thru WL and the Blendeds. LC'ers are convinced that if the Lord were somehow upset with the current state of things, then "He would have done something by now."

The same could be said of the nation of Israel 2,000 years ago. God used all manner of ways to effect change in His people, yet without success, to the point He sent His own Son. We know how that turned out.

Today a fortress surrounds the Recovery. They convince themselves that they are today's Israel, to the exclusion of all other Christians, and are waiting for Him to return. Like their predecessors the Exclusive Brethren, the mental strongholds, reinforced by insider teachings and past events, have become bunkers that can withstand atomic blasts. Who would they listen to? Even the apostles rise from the dead, the Blendeds would find ways to discredit them. Similarly as Israel's chief priest justified the murder of Jesus Christ, I have repeatedly watched LSM defend the indefensible and justify that which should only have been condemned. When it comes to many areas of church administration at LSM, wrong is right and right is wrong, white is black and black is white.