View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #42
rayliotta

Default Re: I love the local church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
For the most part, this is a survival skill for those under oppressive regimes.

Those who have lived in communist countries have learned that certain knowledge about their leaders is dangerous because what one knows might be accidentally spoken. Hence, for the most part, they choose to survive by living in a type of contented ignorance.

The more I studied my past in the Recovery, the more I noticed the evidences of Chinese culture in the form of "contented submission." We in the US confused this with being "spiritual," since they do look somewhat similar to Americans. For example, TC and other LC Chinese leaders lived by the saying that "my father's failures are none of my business." This principle was taken to the extreme, providing WL and his Blendeds unlimited license without accountability for their actions. Hence the saying, "even if Bro Lee is wrong, he is still right."

Case in point: When John Ingalls, John So, Bill Mallon, and numerous other godly men were slanderously and unrighteously quarantined, TC signed his name on the dotted line, and agreed with that condemnation, all the while he knew better. He and the entire GLA thus entered into a period of contented ignorance, only to be interrupted by his own quarantine.

As much as we confused Chinese culture with "spirituality", you don't have to be Chinese to understand this --

rayliotta is offline   Reply With Quote