Thread: Glad
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
JJ

Default Re: Glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
And that has been something of my experience too. Our ekklesia has a rich ministry, which I really enjoy and am greatly nourished whereby to pursue the Lord. But as I've traveled around and been to different locations and gatherings, at first I had a critical mind toward them. However I began to see how this really killed the fellowship. So instead, when I visited another group I began to just thank the Lord for them, the way they did things and their speaking. When I laid aside the old criticisms (i.e., "put off the old man"), then I was able to enjoy oneness and experience something of Christ with these different ones.

And it seems like a fair comparison of pastor Bob and WL. We also had someone here 20 years ago who was ruling families with a heavy hand and there were many broken marriages, but thankfully the Lord purged that person out.

And I think your last point was good too - yes, if things hadn't have been degraded in Christendom, then WL wouldn't have been able to offer an alternative. I do believe the enjoyment of Christ was strong in the LC in the 1960s to perhaps the mid-1970s. But a number of things suppressed that, not the least of which was the extreme exclusivity.
I had such similar experiences to Aron and Sons to Glory it was almost like reading my own story
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote