View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #360
Ohio

Default Re: Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Why so enamored with theosis? Seriously, why could this be considered as the highest gospel?
We should seriously consider Lee's "highest gospel" in light of Paul's admonitions in the scripture.

For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily. -- II Cor 11.4

But even if we or an angel out of heaven should preach a gospel to you contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let him be accursed! -- Gal 1.8

Here we must ask how this "highest gospel" is used in the LC's and what is the fruit of this alternate gospel. Having lived in the LC's for decades, I am well aware that her members pride themselves in their different gospel, to them a better gospel. In their hearts and in their speaking, they condemn other Christians for their "low gospel." I have seen LC members, especially the younger set, who may not even be saved, yet have been convinced that they are part of God's elite and exclusive church club.

In character and action they bear little difference from the Judaizers and Pharisees of old.