View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #152
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: "God died on the cross."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Let me see you prove that spices in the Hebrew Bible refer to Jesus of Nazareth. Your hypothesis regarding the divinity of Christ seems to be self contradictory. I think this is a result of your assumption that the New Testament contains a single christology; whereas, it actually contains multiple christologies.

For example, you're trying to integrate the exultation theologies found in the synoptic gospels with the incarnation christology found in the Gospel of John. The problem is further complicated by developments in post-New Testament christology and of course the christology of Witness Lee.

In general, even beginning in NT texts the Christian intellectuals were trying to understand Jesus through a lens of the Hebrew Bible and Greek metaphysics. They produced a large number of diverse portraits of Jesus that cannot necessarily be harmonized.

Of course, that won't stop Christian believers from trying. The results of their efforts have produced masterpieces of systematic theology. Nevertheless, the ultimate truth remains beyond the scope of human imagination.
I would agree with your conclusion.