View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #66
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: God in life and nature... oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
I think there is scriptural support in as much as the Gospel of John portrays Jesus as God who's life could not be taken from him. He is the I am who lays down his life and has the power to take it back. Only God has that power. Therefore , Jesus is God . When he died , God died. What else do you need?
God is not "lower than the angels". I provided the verse reference that Jesus became "lower than the angels" so that He could suffer death.

Look at the verses I have provided. I think they are very persuasive and very clear and it says plainly, repeatedly, Jesus suffered death for man, not for God.

The only arguments I have seen for "God died" are logical arguments based on an inferential understanding. That is extremely unsatisfying to me when you want to propose a doctrine that is so wildly contradictory to everything we thought we knew based on the OT.

God is love. After the ascension man, in the form of Jesus Christ, "was worthy" and entered into the Godhead. Why? The cross demonstrated that this man also "was love". Man died on the cross, just like Jesus said "I am the Son of Man".