View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #45
OBW

Default Re: Putting To Test The Recovery Version

And as to your question about Goliath, maybe it was because they translated the word rather than just transliterating it. Or another word for giant was used. And even if another word was used, it does not infer special meaning to the other.

Just think of all the analysis of Christian writings in English a few hundred years from now when the language has either significantly changed or is little-used. They will start finding the two words "bible" and "scripture" and despite the fact that we use them as virtual synonyms, they start trying to further differentiate them beyond what we actually mean. And imbue one with special meaning and the other as simply "book."

Or pick another set of nearly synonymous words and think about what someone 2,000 years from now will make of it when we switch them at will but they presume major differences in meaning.

I am not saying that there is absolutely nothing to Nephilim. But there is not much actual evidence of what it is. Anything beyond "giant" is little more than speculation.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote