View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
testallthings

Default Re: Putting To Test The RCV

Gen. 24:4 says, "But you go to my country and to my relatives, and take a wife for my son Isaac." (RV)

The footnote 4 (1) says: "In typology, the fact that Isaac's bride was taken from Abraham's relatives indicates that the counterpart of Christ must come from Christ's race, not from the angels or from any other creatures (2:18-23 and notes). Since Christ was incarnated to be a man (Heb. 2:14a), humanity has become His race."

This add more confusion to the note in Matthew. Now here Rebecca represents humanity in general, not just the gentiles (humanity is His race????). Heb. 2:16 says, "For assuredly it is not to angels that He gives help, but He gives help to the seed of Abraham." This verse does not say to the seed of Adam, but of Abraham. Why it is so hard to admit that the Lord Jesus came for His own people as prophesied in the O.T., that He was sent only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, that He "became a servant of the circumcision for the sake of God's truthfulness, to confirm the promises given to the fathers, and that the Gentiles should glorifies God for His mercy..." (Rom. 15:8-9). It seems to me that a literal sense has been substituted for a "spiritual", or allegorical one.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S.

I want to remind all the readers that we are considering (o should I say I would like to focus) mainly Matthew prospective. I believe the Lord Jesus is the Savior of all who believe in/into/on Him. But this is another story.
testallthings is offline   Reply With Quote