View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 06:42 AM   #15
Ohio

Default Re: What should I be looking for in a church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I just wanna tell you all of you here. I have made my way out, but the fear I'm the only one of the family members have left this group. I thank God for relieving the truth to me for more over 4 years of reservations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
What should I do tomorrow? I already left the LRC movement. But these elders asked me to face them to recant my doctrinal views. They have no idea what the reformation holds where I am leaning to. All they asked is to submit to their authority. Anyone advice? Should I meet them up to rebuttal my standing? They're gonna quarantine me if I don't repent.
Kevin, it sounds like what you have already told others is having an impact on them, and the elders want you to recant your words so that others do not leave the LC also. It also sounds like they have no interest in discussing the truths of the Bible with you, but have decided that you are a dangerous "heretic, rebel, leper, fill-in-the-blank," and that you must be silenced.

It does not sound like you are prepared to meet them tomorrow, so you might want to postpone the meeting so that you have more time to prayerfully consider what the Lord would have you do and say. If that is not possible, Jesus specifically told us, "But when you are arrested and stand trial, don't worry in advance about what to say. Just say what God tells you at that time, for it is not you who will be speaking, but the Holy Spirit." (Mark 13.11, Matthew 10.19, Luke 12.11)