View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #32
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Why don't Local Church Members Post Here?

So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ
Ephesians 4:14,15

Evangelical,
One man's bashing is another man's speaking the truth in love. If Witness Lee was still alive, this is something I'm sure he would heartily agree with. After all, much of Lee's ministry was a ministry of bashing "poor, poor Christianity." There is no doubt that this is something that he picked up from Watchman Nee, and I think he considered criticizing others his main calling. So if you want to call some of us "bashers" of Witness Lee and The Local Church movement, well, what can we say, we learned from the best.

After all these years, one would hope that those who have sat under "the one minister with the one ministry for the age" and claim to represent "The Lord's Recovery" could respond to all our s̶p̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ...errrr...bashing with a more intelligible response than "I know you are, but what am I"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I do not think it has to be moderated by a current local church member. Just someone who has some positive local church experiences and can relate to current members
I don't think there are many, if any, people who fit this description. If you know of one, please let us know. In the meantime, I think the best we can hope for is a current Local Church member to take us up on our offer to set up a forum page which would be accessible to current members.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote