View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #24
Freedom

Default Re: Fixing the Problems Helps Everyone Concerned, even LC Leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I read an interesting story recently about the flu virus pandemic that has hit China. The doctor who discovered the virus was an Ophthalmologist by training, not an epidemiologist. When he realized what was happening, he tried to communicate with his colleagues what the risk was. Someone promptly reported him to the government for spreading destabilizing rumours. He was denounced for being "unpatriotic" and so forth. There is a reason this society of over a billion people is so averse to the truth. It creates instability. I mean, look at the chaos the USA goes through every 4 years with elections! Accusations, recriminations, etc.
Without a doubt, the LC would be seriously destabilized if they ever confronted the truth. It could even collapse completely. The current leadership probably realizes this to some extent, and just as much, they also don't have the humility to admit that they are wrong.

What compounds the problem even further is that among the rank and file members, they are living in a state of cognitive dissonance. They came into the LC and adapted the belief that they are now part of the best of the best. Anything that contradicts that belief becomes suspect. So lets imaging that someone like Ron Kangas were to come clean - he admits that he was wrong, that he has abused his position as a leader, etc. Would LC members all nod their heads in agreement, or would the quickly turn on him as someone who has become the enemy?

In other words, they have checks throughout the system in place to ensure that there is no type of instability/uprising that could creep in undetected.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote