View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 07:50 PM   #14
JJ

Default Re: Bill Mallon's Passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Anderson View Post
P.S. The most beneficial thing Bill taught me about finding the objective truth of Scripture was this...

- Be sure to separate the "prescriptive" aspects of the Word of God from the "descriptive" aspects. Doctrine built on top of "descriptive" text is potentially dangerous.

A specific use of this principle would be to consider the "teaching of locality". There is NO "prescriptive" Scripture for the doctrine of locality. It is all based on "descriptive" Scripture that is extrapolated into the teaching of one church, one city.

(... and no, I don't mean to move this thread in any direction other than honoring Bill...)
Thanks Matt and others for sharing re Bill. Being in California, I only saw Bill from a distance at trainings and conferences before he exited, but had a lot of respect for him based on what I heard. Can anyone share about what Bill did church and Christian work wise after 1986?
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote