View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #386
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Bible Answer Man Converts to Eastern Orthodox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Actually Mr E., you are missing something very crucial when it comes to considering whether a teaching is biblical or unbiblical, orthodox or heretical. What you don't seem to understand is that an unbiblical/heretical statement/declaration/teaching is unbiblical/heretical no matter who states it, declares it or teaches it. Orthodoxy does not ultimately reside with the teacher(s), it always resides with God himself and his living and abiding Word. I understand that this might be a difficult concept for you to grasp, for you are used to your guru being referred to as "the acting god", "the deputy authority", "even if he's wrong, he's right!" "The One Minister with The One Ministry for the Age"...etc, etc.. -
UntoHim,

Don't forget this post by the E-man which should be considered as the bedrock of whatever is put forth by the E:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
.... Straw-man's are part and parcel of this sort of discussion - grow up and get over it. I'm not asking for respect, I'm questioning why ... .
So, he relies on "Straw-man's" (?), if you don't like it it's your own immaturity, respect is not important to him..." So, we really can't expect much from such a one, can we?

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote