View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 07:16 PM   #17
awareness

Default Re: Christ or faith the Savior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan
it seems that only the recovery and the local churches have a real interest in gaining Christ and being found in Him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unto
There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to begin. Should I list the problems in numerical or alphabetical order?

Gaining Christ? I'm afraid you're going to have to decode this terminology for us Mr E. I mean, I know what it meant to the apostle Paul. He was willing to suffer evil, beatings, hunger and nakedness to show others what it really is to gain Christ. Christian martyrs throughout the ages have given their blood, sweat and tears to give us the Scriptures in our native languages, thus allowing us to gain the Christ that is found in those hallowed pages.

It seems that Witness Lee has come along with another definition, another understanding of what it is to gain Christ. Oh, don't bother telling me about how wonderful and glorious it is to gain Christ by calling on the Lord, pray-reading and eating Jesus. Been there - Done that. What I want to hear from you, my friend, is just exactly how has all the calling, pray-reading, eating, pumping fists in the air and shouting slogans enabled you to gain Christ? Even more importantly, how have all these things helped you to help others to gain Christ?
Evan is right. I remember very well this mystical experience of gaining Christ in the LC, and those of all the other brothers and sisters I knew.

But it turned out to be like a delusion. It worked as long as I thought the Spirit was in control of the meetings. But it disappeared when I discovered that the meetings were human controlled ; either by the structure of the Life-Studies, or by the elders seeding the meetings, with brothers "being groomed for leadership."

Perhaps our brother Evangelical is still under this delusion.