View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 05:47 AM   #2368
zeek

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I have lived my whole life with the fear-mongering politicization of climate.

Back in high school and college, when the climate was trending cooler, we were constantly spooked by the next ice age, with whooly mammoths frozen in blocks of ice. Back in the 90's, when the climate was trending warmer, we were constantly spooked by global warming. I love it when these climate pundits tell us that global warming is bringing us frigid temps.

Personally I think all these global alarmists should take their message to China, India, and Russia where it might do some good.
Climate science was in its infancy in the early 70s. One must deny the findings of a massive amount of global scientific research to deny global warming now. Extreme weather events like the Northeast U.S. is having are predicted by the model. When they are factored into world-wide temperatures over a year the earth still experiencing a warming trend. I read that the ratio of hot extremes to cold extremes in the U.S. over the past 365 days exceeds 3 to 1. http://www.climatesignals.org/data/r...cord-low-temps

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote