View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 01:29 PM   #41
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: What Exactly Does a Believer Follow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
I am glad that you seem to agree on these points. I do hope you can apply this when responding to some posts here. Sometimes, it appears to me you jump to conclusion too fast to bring up accusations to the posters. But what do I know, may be you have a different way to discern "life".
See, A little brother... The above is just you trying to insult me... And honestly, for me, it simply exposes your immaturty in the Lord... And therefore there is nothing of life in it.

Quote:
To me, many concerns raised in this forum are genuine and are not raised out of selfish ambition or "fallen natural man".
What else can you say... You're pretty much in bondage to say exactly that... If you didn't you would simply be undermining your own position... And scripture tells us that only God knows the hearts (meaning, intentions) of men... Which pretty much makes your opinion of what others may or may not be doing on this forum... Well... Of no value... And only an expression of your vanity.

At least... That's how scripture would put it.

Quote:
It is not only about the misdeeds themselves but how the misdeeds are dealt with - there don't seem to be "life" in how the LC leaders handle the matters.
Then take care of yourself accordingly... Meaning, how scripture tells you to care for yourself.

Quote:
These are matters we are urged to voice out as follower of Christ.
Well... According to a very specific manner... But some here seem to prefer just to ignore what scripture says if it doesn't support their offended feelings.

Quote:
Sometimes we all get too zealous and become a bit hostile.
Sure... But more than just getting hostile... The fact that you become hostile (and by "you" I mean any of us) means that there is a deep issue/problem within ourselves that needs to be dealt with in and through the work of the cross... And then brought into resurrection life.

Unfortunately... We like to tell ourselves that if we simply say "Sorry" and kiss and make up, then everything is just perfectly fine and dandy.

But the reality is, it's not... As the intrinsic problem that caused us to become hostile in the first place, within ourselves, still remains.

Quote:
That is when we need the peace in Christ.
My brother... We need to peace of Christ at all times... Not just when things seem to get "hostile".

When things get hostile it is because we have failed to give ourselves to the work of the cross... And the need is to do just that.

Quote:
Having said that, there are still matters of right or wrong that simply cannot be ignored in the name of peace or oneness or leave-it-to-God. After all, we are expected to be holy because God is holy. God can be graceful to sinners but He does not tolerate sin.
We can only be holy according to teh measure of grace God has measured out to us.

And when Jesus walked this earth there were all sorts of "right" and "wrong" matters all around Him... That He seemed to ignore... As He focused on His walk to the cross.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote