Thread: John 10:10
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
countmeworthy

Default John 10:10

Hey guys !

I may be taking a BREATHER from the other board for a while. I know this board has been slow for a while but I wouldn't mind perking it up a bit with some good fellowship.

So.....speaking of John 10. A few years ago, I received some insight onto John 10:10. That was one of the first scriptures I learned in the LC. Now...MAYBE I am wrong..and was out of the loop but for the many or few years I was there, I only looked at that scripture pertaining to eternal life vs eternal damnation. Jesus came that we would have (Eternal Life) while the thief, who came to steal, kill and destroy had it in for us to perish in eternal damnation.

Several years I go, I realized that the Lord JESUS while infact came we would have LIFE and have it more abundantly, spirtually, it also meant He came that we would prosper and be in good health.

In Psalm 35:27 we read Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. And in 3 John 1:2 we read Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

I know the 'prosperity' gospel has gotten wind of 3 John in particular but truth be told, what king lives in poverty ? Are we not positioned to be co-heirs with Christ ? Are we not kings and priests of the Most High God.

Now...that said, while I certainly want to be completely debt free and completely healthy, in spirit, soul and in body, while on this earth, I don't want the headaches that come with being a Bill Gates, a Donald Trump or a Tiger Woods!

Any other thoughts on John 10:10 ?
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote