Thread: OBW's Blog
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #30
YP0534

Default Re: OBW's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Seems he's only been in the LC since sometime in 2005 or so and has only been out of college for a little longer than that.
It's a fresh perspective, actually.

I saw the tail end of the glory days of the 70s in my experience and watched the sharp turn happen.

It still amazes me what happened back then in the name of "the morale" and "the impact" - two completely non-scriptural terms deduced from Lee's interpretation of how "the one accord" might be achieved practically.

But now it's 20 years later and a decade beyond Lee's death.

Being clean of the history, what do you see? And apparently, all you see is the good stuff that still remains. But I think you absolutely have to give a much bigger pass regarding all the entrenched religious practice.

In my locality, I didn't have the experience of sitting through one-person-speaking-everybody-listening meetings. (OK, that's a slight exaggeration because that's what they were actually turning into when I left in the middle of "the New Way" being promoted everywhere else.) There wasn't much religious form at all. It was very unstructured. Virtually every meeting had the character of a prayer meeting and occasionally the "burden" of the meeting was never even accomplished.

But when you come upon them today, and you're given HWMR and instructions on how to "prophesy" and directions about observing seven feasts and such, can someone just look past all that encrusted junk?

Apparently so.

But it's got to be far less attractive overall to new ones and no amount of fasting and prayer can make that one go away.

The new wine busts out of old wineskins every time.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote