View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:56 AM   #94
aron

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Sometimes I think some Christians actual want the world to get worse, so that Christ will come back and take them away from it all. People with that attitude may be in for a shock.
The interesting thing about Jesus, he never passed by the sick, saying, "Too bad for you- gotta go and give a message!" Like James 2:16, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled" as one does nothing. No, the NT - either gospel nor epistle - doesn't show this.

Of course there is a danger of becoming the monster we fight. I think I've got righteous indignation but because I'm not righteous it's just indignation. Christ is the only remedy, not Aron's anger. Sometimes in my posts, people get my unmet needs and unresolved issues even as I rail against Nee and Lee et al imposing their unmet needs on the assembly.

That's what the Little Flock/Lord's recovery did - it built itself up on pointing out the sins of "Christianity" and assiduously covered its own, becoming worse than what it judged. I think that's worth keeping in mind. No one's immune. Pointing out the sickness requires pointing out the cure. Otherwise you just go, "Hey look at you! Sick! Too bad!" as you go off to the movies or whatever.

My point is, "Physician, heal thyself" - if we don't get healed, we can't facilitate healing. That's just how it works. That's what James meant, and he was a disciple of Jesus.