View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #55
TLFisher

Default Re: Relationships/Courting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
As a church kid in the U.S. from the age of zero, I can echo the extreme separation of brothers/sisters in the LC. One serving one told me, "Don't even think about it until you're 25."...
Much of what you had to say was my experience when I was single. "how can you possibly get to be interested in anyone when you have been prohibited from normal casual conversational interactions with them?" On one hand you're told not to get involved until you're ready to get married, but at the same time beginning at a young age you're conditioned not to talk to the opposite gender. It was ingrained in me to heed and submit to those elder than me. Years go by and when you reach 25, 26, 27 years old you think when will it be time? If you dare speak to the opposite gender it's like causing that person to have an allergic reaction. The other recourse is not to avoid from engaging in conversation.
At the time, the thoughts were how dare I express exasperation with the system?
Purpose for beginning this thread was to somehow help those who might have been going through the exact something.