View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:05 AM   #75
Ohio

Default Re: The Church in Sardis prefigures the Protestant Reformation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
Luke 24:39 See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you behold Me having.
With Evangelical, a little knowledge has always been dangerous. Where have we said that Jesus' spiritual body, which is still scarred by the cross, and can be touched and seen, is merely flesh and blood?

Perhaps it is just too wonderful for him to believe that the spiritual body of Jesus is beyond his limited mental apprehension. Apparently Jesus may have flesh and bones, yet not flesh and blood. I also doubt that the first mention of flesh is identical to the second.

The story on the road to Emmaus has always been quite telling to me. The resurrected Christ can completely blend in with humanity. In His resurrected body, Jesus walked and talked with the two brothers for miles, yet without halos and flashing lights to bring alarm to His true nature. This constantly blows all my theological fuses. How can it be? But it is!

There always seems to be a tinge of irony with EvanGee. How is it that he can blindly accept, though not mentioned in scripture, that he will become g(G)od? as W. Lee taught during his "high peak" period, yet struggle with what Jesus became?

Last edited by Ohio; 10-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote