View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #133
OBW

Default Re: The Lord's answer to Job

I will address your comments surrounding Job by speaking to this specific point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
4. Job 40:9 “Hast thou an arm like God? Or canst thou thunder with a voice like Him?”

Again, this is the Lord answering Job’s question. 1. What is the point of human life? Well, it is to express God, we were made in the image and likeness of God. Therefore we should have an arm like God and a voice like God.
We should have and arm and a voice like God? I hope you are saying that with a "yeah, right" sarcasm because otherwise you are suggesting that God said this because he intends that we should actually have such an arm or such a voice.

If that is what you are saying, then I must strongly disagree. God is making it clear that we are ignorant of the creation. That we are powerless. That we have no sound of authority. God did it his way. He did not take counsel from even one of us. (This despite Bill Cosby's Noah suggesting that God just send rain for 40 days and nights until the sewers back up rather than the ridiculously large number God originally said. "Right!!")

How anything transpires on the earth is not ours to make demands concerning. We did not create it. We did not ordain the laws under which things work. We didn't even get to make suggestions. God is not suggesting that we are in the process of getting there. We cannot demand that it all change because we have no say in it either way. On what basis can you read this any other way?
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote